A guide to Espresso Machine Latte Art at home
If you want to Impress your guests by creating beautiful works of latte art in mere minutes, you can easily learn how to make it at home with Gevi 3-in-1 smart coffee machine. Making beautiful lattes at home is easy with just an espresso machine and milk frother.
How to Make Latte Art at Home
Required: espresso machine with steaming wand
To make latte art, you must have an espresso machine with steaming wand. Why is it required?
You have to achieve perfect microfoam to make latte art. Microfoam has the magic “wet paint” texture that lets you draw the designs in the espresso. You simply cannot achieve this with a milk frother: though it makes a tasty latte!
What’s the best espresso machine?
The Gevi 3-in-1 smart coffee machine is an excellent choice for creating latte art, as it features an integrated burr grinder and a range of classic Italian espresso drinks, as well as latte art capabilities. It has the powerful steam wand performance allows you to hand texture microfoam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art.
This guide will tell you everything you need to know about making latte art with the Gevi 3-in-1 smart coffee machine. Follow these easy steps to learn how to make coffee and create extraordinary designs with your lattes and cappuccinos!
A lot of people think that Making latte art is not a magic trick that only baristas can do. But the truth is, anyone can do it with the right tools and a little bit of practice. So don't be intimidated! The first step is understanding that you can do it.
Choose the Best Milk for Latte Art
When it comes to making latte art, the quality of your milk is just as important as the quality of your espresso. For best results, use whole milk that has been chilled and frothed. Unless you are lactose intolerant, try to avoid using non-dairy milks, as they will not froth as well as full cream dairy will.
How to Use Your Gevi 3-in-1 Smart Espresso Machine Milk Frother
- Turn the knob to the steam icon, and release some steam out from the steam wand before performing milk frothing. Return the knob to the STANDBY position.
- Hold the position below the tip of the milk foam cup and the bottom of the milk foam cup with your left hand, and hold the handle of the milk foam cup with your right hand. Arms at 12 o'clock.
- The Froth Nozzle is at 3 o'clock, and the milk is just soaked to the 2mm position of the Froth Nozzle.
- The position of the left hand is ﬁxed, and the right hand turns the knob to to the steam icon to start frothing the milk.
- Check that the milk is swirling.
- As the milk level rises, lower the milk foam cup to keep the froth nozzle below the surface.
- When the desired micro-foam is reached, submerge the steam wand halfway.
- Milk frothing is complete when the base of the milk foam cup is too hot to touch for 3 seconds.
- Turn the knob to the STANDBY position;
- Use the damp cloth to move the position of the Steam Wand, to avoid scalding due to the high temperature of the Steam Wand;
- Remove the milk foam cup from the Steam Wand.
Latte Art Designs to Try
Next, hold your spoon close to the surface of the liquid and slowly pour the milk in while moving the spoon back and forth. For example, a heart shape could be made by pouring the espresso over the surface of the foam and dragging it through it diagonally. To create a rosetta shape on top of your latte, pour some chocolate syrup on top of foam before adding water or steam. You could also use chocolate shavings or cocoa powder to create designs. When using chocolates, we recommend using dark chocolates because they will stand out more against the white foam. Be sure not to add too much liquid when creating patterns with either liquids or powders, otherwise the design may become distorted. It’s best to experiment with different types of lattes and see what type you like best! Once you've achieved the desired design, enjoy your delicious latte!
The Gevi 3-in-1 Smart Espresso Machine is the perfect machine for making beautiful latte art. With its simple design and easy to use controls, anyone can make stunning latte art. Just follow the steps above and you'll be creating beautiful espresso drinks in no time!